A light, luscious Italian dish.
30g salted butter
8 tablespoons Olive oil
1 leek (washed and cut into slices)
1 red pepper (deseeded and diced)
200g smoked salmon (cut into strips)
1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
60ml dry white wine
2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
Zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
Salt to taste
- Melt the butter with oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and fry the leek and pepper for 5 mins
- Add the salmon and chilli. Cook for 1 min.
- Pour in the wine and cook for a further minute to allow the alcohol to evaporate.
- Season with a little salt and set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain and put back into the same pan.
- Pour in the salmon and pepper sauce along with the parsley and lemon zest
- Return to a low heat and stir everything together for 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!