I made these scones this Sunday – they were incredibly delicious. I think I finally perfected my scone recipe!
Serves: 8-10 scones
350g Self rising flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp caster sugar
175ml milk + 1 lime juice
1tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven 220 degrees celcius
- Combine all your dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar) in your food processor. Pulse a few time to combine well
- Add in butter and pulse until you have a breadcrumb texture
- Transfer over flour mixture to large bowl and add wet ingredients (milk, lime juice and vanilla extract)
- Fold mixture until just incorporated. Do not over mix! This will create a denser scone.
- Very gently fold in the blueberries.
- Flour up your hands and place dough on a well-floured surface.
- Pat down into a rectangle shape 1” thick. Cut into desired shape.
- Place scones on greased baking sheet spaced about apart (they will grow!)
- Bake in 220 degree Celsius oven for 25 min or until brown
- You can check your scones with the toothpick test.
Serve warm and enjoy!