These falafel patties are best served in pitta bread with some hummus, but can be used as a burger filling too!
Makes 8-10 patties
400g Chickpeas (washed and drained)
1 small onion (finely chopped)
1 clove of garlic (finely chopped)
1 egg (beaten)
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp Dried Mixed Herbs or Handful of Parsley (chopped )
- Heat the pan and pour in the oil
- Fry the onions and garlic in medium heat until softened.
- Put the onions and garlic into a large bowl with the chickpeas and spices, and mash
- Add seasoning and egg
- Mix everything in the bowl well.
- Form patties by rolling about a handful of the mixture into a ball and then flattening the ball into a patty
- Heat a pan with oil fry the patties until both sides are brown and crispy!