Why buy a sliced loaf (filled with sugar) from the supermarket when you can easily make one knowing exactly what goes in it?
400g Strong Wholemeal Bread Flour
100g Strong White Bread Flour
7g Dried yeast sachet
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 tbsp Light soft brown sugar
300 ml Luke warm water
50g melted butter
- MIX: mix all the ingredients in your mixer
- KNEAD: attach the dough hook on your mixer the Knead for 10mins.
- RISE: lightly grease the mixing bowl with some oil. Put the dough back in and cover the bowl with tea towel and leave to rise until double the size.
- SHAPE: knock back the dough by gentle kneading to get the air out. Mould into a long sausage shape and lift into a lightly oiled 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- PROVE: cover the dough again with tea towel and leave to prove until the dough doubled the size again.
- Preheat oven:to 200C /Gas mark 6.
- BAKE: Lift the tin onto the middle oven shelf and bake for 35 -40 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack