Another Italian dish for you! This is a delicious pink tomato and cream sauce. It is egg, fish, meat, and nut free.
6 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 onion (finely chopped)
700ml passata (sieved tomatoes)
10~20 fresh basil leaves
100ml double cream
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a low heat and fry the onion for 5 minutes until golden.
- Pour in passata, add the basil leaves and season with salt and pepper. Cook uncovered, over a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Pour in cream and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain and put back into the same pan.
- Pour in the tomato and cream sauce and stir everything together for 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!