This is the perfect spice rub for roasting fish. We used pomfret, but you could use salmon, or any other fish really! It’s extremely easy (just marinate and bake) and a great source of vitamins!
This spice rub is enough to marinate 2 medium sized fish (around 200g)
1 Teaspoon Paprika
1 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
½ Teaspoon Oregano
½ Teaspoon Chili Powder
½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
¼ Teaspoon Cumin
¼ Teaspoon Salt
¼ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1/8 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil,
- Combine all the spices in a small bowl and mix well
- Brush around 1 tablespoon of olive oil onto the fish and then rub the fish with the spice mixture
- We had around 200g of Pomfret (2 fillets) and used all the rub. If you have about the same amount of fish, then make sure you the entire rub too! The fish should be coated very well. Otherwise, if you only have 1 fillet, you can put the mix in a jar or container and save it for another day.
- Refrigerate the fish to marinate for at least 30 minutes (or up to 12 hours)
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 220 degree Celsius
- Place the fish on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 10-12 minutes (or until it is cooked through).
- Serve with couscous (see my recipe here) or vegetables!